Electric Scooters (Mobility Scooters)
Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are exclusively manufactured for people who have low mobility. Visit mobility scooters to see our range.
An electric scooter is primarily a battery-operated vehicle with the capacity of only one person. These scooters are mainly used by those people who feel trouble in standing or walking for lengthy periods of time. The Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are either designed for inside use, outdoor use and both interior and outdoor use. The fundamental contrast between an Electric Scooter and a mechanized wheelchair is that the later is usually meant for interior use and also costs more.
Mobility scooters usually come in a wide range of styles which are capable of accommodating different types of user needs.
Electric Scooters can have three wheels or maybe four. All these scooters run with battery power, so there is no chance to create environmental pollution. The pair of batteries employed by these scooters are standard rechargeable and need to be re-charged on a regular basis. The time and range covered by an electric scooter after every charging depends significantly on the type of battery and its capacity. There is no need to worry about the operation of these scooters as they are very straightforward.
Electric Scooters are commonly equipped with advanced brake systems which make the stopping of these scooters very easy. These scooters also have parking brake which stops from rolling the vehicle when it is parked.
Several types of Electric Scooters
There are several types of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters depending on to the various users needs available at Change Mobility. They are as follows:
1) Transportable or Collapsible Mobility Scooters: As the name indicates these scooters are easily foldable and ready to transport at any time. These type of scooters are great for people those who really love taking a trip. These scooters can be dismantled into 3 or 4 pieces of light parts, according to the various scooter designs, for easy transportation in the majority of cars trunks.
2) Three-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: The three- wheeled mobility scooters offer full-sized comfort and sturdiness which is completely perfect for both interior as well as outdoor use. These scooters have a maximum body weight capacity of 300 to 500 lbs.
3) Four-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: When optimum stability is needed a fourth wheel is required to support the three- wheeled framework to get a stable platform. These types of scooters are mainly used for outdoor use. These scooters have larger tires with wider base and can go as fast as 10 mph.
4) Heavy Duty Electric Scooters: These scooters are built for heavy individuals who weigh more than 350 pounds. These scooters come with both three and four-wheeled models and with the weight capacity up to 500 pounds.
The Benefits of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters.
The main benefits of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are as follows:.
1) As the Electric Scooters are powered by battery therefore no physical exertion is needed.
2) The people with low mobility can go uphill extremely easily with the help of these scooters.
3) The person who feels difficulty in strolling does not need anyones support to operate these scooters as it is really easy working these scooters.
For more information talk to Find Out More